Carol Bontekoe

This blog has been keeping track of my adventures since 2004. The stories and the adventures have come from my college dorm room to Uganda, Peace Corps Kyrgyzstan, learning Dutch in the Netherlands to living in the wilds of Homer, Alaska. I went back to school in Amsterdam to study Theaterwetenschap (Theatre Science) at University of Amsterdam. And now my adventures as a Fruit Fly, a Sexy Unicorn, and creating a movement with Team Sparkle in Chicago.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Belfast

I have been in Belfast for a week now and quite a few random things have happened:
I learned the hard way not to refer to it as Northern Ireland and Real Ireland.
Had all my money stolen in the Central Library.
Led to sleeping on the streets and not eating for a few days.
going to church on the notorius Sandy Row just for free food
I excepted charity, despite finding that extremely painful.
Seen almost every mural on Shankill Road and Falls Road.
Have befriended a famous Irish singer who is actually Welsh.
Foudn out CLive Owens is a wanker but Kiera Knightly is lovely.
Been called love by at least a hundred people.
Got offered a ride across country.
Joined an old lady Bible Study.
Eat at Subway
and tripled the amount of Guinness I have drank in my life.
So, I'd say it is on par with any other trip I have taken if not better. :)













1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    these fotos are awesome.. whose the singer... K-Roll... what can i say.. A-mazing...lauren..x