Carol Bontekoe

This blog has been keeping track of my adventures since 2004. The stories and the adventures have come from my college dorm room to Uganda, Peace Corps Kyrgyzstan, learning Dutch in the Netherlands to living in the wilds of Homer, Alaska. I went back to school in Amsterdam to study Theaterwetenschap (Theatre Science) at University of Amsterdam. And now my adventures as a Fruit Fly, a Sexy Unicorn, and creating a movement with Team Sparkle in Chicago.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Vegas.com

I have to say, even though my Mama always said never to use the word "Hate", I HATE the Vegas.com commercial. I find it extremely annoying. I have included it at the bottom but in case you have an extremely slow computer like mine I'll tell ya about the commercial. It basically is following around a Show Reviewer for Vegas.com and all that he has to do in a day. He has a segway that he is riding around on going from show to show and sitting in the best seats. The guy is pretty dumpy but is constantly surrounded by beautiful women.
What makes this commercial so bad and annoying is that the whole time the guy in the commercial is extremely bored. He is so uninterested in everything that he is doing. He seems annoyed at having to go to shows and review them.
How does this make anyone want to go to Vegas? It certainly doesn't make me want to go...I mean I'm not that interested in going back anytime soon... but that commercial doesn't make me want to go every, especially if it is as boring as this guy is leading us to believe.
I would have liked to go to Vegas this past week because my friends Tom and Shawn(a Girl) were both in Vegas. if I had been there I could have followed through with my brilliant plan of setting them up and having them fall in love and get married. And what better place than Vegas for that? They could have fallen in love and gotten married in the same weekend in Vegas... The way marriage is suppose to be entered into, as a drunken dare at the end of a long day.
Since life is not a Chick Flick, Tom and Shawn didn't run into each other and get married...
Maybe someday...
until than I will keep hating the guy in the vegas.com commercials....
and enjoying life...



4 comments :

  1. caitlin said...

    that would have been perrrrfect. damn you for not being there to play matchmaker of destinies.

    and you could not have wrapped up this blog in a more perfect way. two snaps, carol. two snaps.

  2. Anonymous said...

    When I went to Vegas on spring break with my sister and friends...we had a great time just being nerds from Michigan. And even better, we saw another co-worker from Michigan on the strip. Too cool! I disagree on getting married there...too over done. Go somewhere nice, like the justice of the peace at the local prison...now that is new and different! Ha, he...

    Amy :)

  3. Tom said...

    K-Roll!

    How did you know my dream marriage fantasy. I've always wanted to get married because of a drunken dare at the end of a night. If only you were there, my life would be so different! Plus you coulda won some money on the Spartans with me.

  4. *secret smile* said...

    Hahaha I can't believe it took me this long to read this! I've been slackin' on my morning blog reading/procrastinating! Thanks for the shout-out, haha.

    Oh, the non-chick-flick nature of life... sigh...