Carol Bontekoe

This blog has been keeping track of my adventures since 2004. The stories and the adventures have come from my college dorm room to Uganda, Peace Corps Kyrgyzstan, learning Dutch in the Netherlands to living in the wilds of Homer, Alaska. I went back to school in Amsterdam to study Theaterwetenschap (Theatre Science) at University of Amsterdam. And now my adventures as a Fruit Fly, a Sexy Unicorn, and creating a movement with Team Sparkle in Chicago.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Word of advice

If you are going on a long bike Ride...Lets say a month long one across six countries. If you think to yourself...hmmmmm... I deserve nice soap and shampoo cuz Iļl be working hard... Don't ...please.PLEASE. Believe me. Don't by anything thing that has Honey in it. Why?


BEES!!!!
BEES!
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz
And they get real pissy if you try and get them off you or out of your bag.


Oh, and I tried to dowload a map but it wouldn't work. I rode a 130Kms today and I'min Latvia.

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    for the record, i'm writing a book about you someday...

  2. Anonymous said...

    HAHAHAHA... have you ever see that eddie izzard bit about bees?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs-tl6GBOBo

    covered in bees!!